Monday, May 26, 2008

an oldie but a goodie

Proof of Reality

if reality can only be proved by our senses, then there is no way to prove reality at all. just because i can see these words doesn't mean they exist. if i was blind, would they still be here? furthermore, being able to see them proves just as little. can i say for a fact that you see what i see when we look at the same thing? therefore, if the only things we are equipped with to monitor reality are completely worthless for proving it, how do we know if anything is real? we can't. the fact of the matter is that reailty isn't a matter of perception at all. it's a matter of choice. reality is what you choose to believe or choose not to believe.

5 comments:

kristi noser said...

Ahem..
GAG!

erin said...

I guess, when it comes to our Christianity, it's all a matter of believing or not.

Jessica The Drifter said...

Wow this is like my thought that I am really in a coma and its all just a dream. I always wonder if what I'm doing is real or just a figment. It's weird

Cat Piss said...

What you see is your reality.

Cat Piss said...

What I meant to say was what you see is reality, and don't ask questions!