Wednesday, May 21, 2008

moving companies, sexual harrassment and binoculars

so today was my first day working for graeble van lines, a moving company based here in wausau. we were out at U W Stevens Point moving offices across campus. yesterday everyone attended sexual harassment training. i missed it as i had a prior engagement, but i can only assume it was a solemn and productive experience for everybody involved. this much was apparent to me at lunch time when i walked outside to see the guys ogling a sunbathing co-ed with no less than a pair of binoculars i assume came from the inappropriate sexual activity tool box.

it's nice to see social etiquette training in action.
more than anything, this made me miss my frat brothers.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Welcome to blog world! Glad to have you with us. Looking forward to many snarky observations. You've started off well.

erin said...

It's rare that I actually laugh out loud at a blog, but you've managed it with your first post. Well done, brother.
Welcome to blogdom.

theswamphare said...

Excellent; like drunk driving, sexual harassment training usually takes an opposite and needlessly antagonistic stance. I say, teach the proper way to harass someone for whatever makes them vulnerable, go burn a cigarette with President Kristi, then get in your car and crack open a brew so that you can drive intoxicated the way your ol' man shoulda taught ya.

Welcome to the blogosphere.

Swampy

Anonymous said...

I get to take Graebel sexual harrassment training tomorrow. Is there really anything I still need to learn? I guess I need to find out where they keep the inappropriate sexual activity toolbox. lovemom

Rich said...

Sexual harrassment is ok in theory. It basically trains men more ways to harrass women. Also, lets women know more ways to get men in trouble. It makes for a great video. They are always way fake. Usually there is 3 people in one scene and all 3 are never the same race. Wait... I'm thinking of a diversity video... I cant keep the two strait. Both dont work. Crap, forget everything I just wrote! BOOBS WEENERS BUTTS!

Moving Companies said...

I agree with you. It is very important to select the right moving company otherwise moving can become quite stressful. Recently I moved within USA and I used Excalibur Van Lines. They are quite helpful and cheap also.

Orlando Movers said...

yea i know you need to pick the best recommend mover

Truck Rental said...

you can always just rental a truck!